Salem, NY – Work is currently underway to update NEII-1-2000 by the NEII Standards and Performance Standards Committees. The National Elevator Industry, Inc. will be publishing a revised edition of the Building Transportation Standards and Guidelines, NEII-1 in mid 2005. The following are some of the significant additions NEII will be including in NEII-1-2005:
• MRL Elevator, Architectural, Engineering, Dimensional and Performance Standards.
• Seismic/Flood Requirements Confirmation Form.
• ASME A17.1 Code Data Plate Checklist.
• Temporary Power Standards and Confirmation Form.
• Electromagnetic Compatibility Guidelines.
The current architectural, engineering, dimensional and performance standards are also being revised to comply with the latest ASME A17.1 and NFPA 70 Codes and to harmonize with ISO 18738, Measurement of Lift Ride Quality Standards.
Companies with products they want NEII to consider when establishing the architectural, engineering, dimensional and performance standards are encouraged to contact NEII. NEII’s objective is to include all relevant products when establishing standards.