CENTREVILLE, VA. (May 1, 2019)
NATIONAL ELEVATOR INDUSTRY, INC. MARKS NEW ERA
AS INDUSTRY LEADER WITH NEW VISUAL IDENTITY
NEII reveals new logo and website, and sets standards in motion
with renewed purpose for greater industry impact
CENTREVILLE, VA (May 1, 2019) – The National Elevator Industry, Inc. (NEII) unveiled a new visual identity at their annual meeting last week, culminating years of organizational changes. Their new image reflects an expanded role as a leader of the building and vertical transportation industry and as a universally trusted resource for safety, codes and innovation in a fast evolving field.
NEII’s new logo introduces a modern design with shades of navy, yellow and white, and features two arrows, pointing in opposite directions, to represent elevator call buttons. The new website at neii.org provides easily-accessible information about NEII’s focus areas, including codes and standards, government affairs, safety, innovation and technology, and a variety of robust external resources.
“Key stakeholders in the industry turn to NEII for technical information and data regarding safety, codes updates and guidance on new technologies,” said Kevin Brinkman, Vice President of Codes and Safety. “Our new identity and comprehensive website is much easier to navigate and provides a better understanding of the role we play in advancing safe and innovative products and technologies.”
This rebrand follows several major events for NEII in recent years, including:
- The hiring of Penafiel, a veteran of the buildings industry, as Executive Director.
- Expanding the staff from one full time employee just 2.5 years ago to six full time employees today.
- Partnering with other stakeholders to update the ASME A17.1/CSA B44 Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators as well as relevant NFPA and ICC building codes every three years.
- Implementing a comprehensive government affairs program to influence elevator safety legislation and regulations across the country.
- Launched Elevator and Escalator Industry Cybersecurity Best Practices to provide a guideline to aid elevator and escalator manufacturers in designing systems that protect and manage against network based cyber-attacks.
Penafiel added, “This is truly an exciting time for NEII. Our fresh image and vibrant website provide important content to propel the industry in these rapidly changing times.”
NEII is the premier trade association representing the global leaders in the building transportation industry. Its members install, maintain, and/or manufacture elevators, escalators, moving walks, and other building transportation products. NEII‘s membership includes the six major international companies – Fujitec America, Inc., KONE, Inc., Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc., Otis Elevator Company, Schindler Elevator Corporation, Thyssenkrupp Elevator Company and several other companies across the country. Collectively, the NEII members represent approximately eighty percent of the total hours worked within the elevator and escalator industry, employ more than 25,000 people in the U.S. and indirectly support hundreds of thousands of American jobs in affiliate industries.
For more information about NEII, please visit www.neii.org.