NATIONAL ELEVATOR INDUSTRY, INC. PARTNERS WITH CONSTRUCTION INCLUSION WEEK
In 2022, as a part of our efforts to increase diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) within the building transportation industry, NEII has officially partnered with the organizations who created Construction Inclusion Week. The event is October 17-21. 2022.
The vertical transportation industry is committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our workplaces.
To further share the scope of the elevator and escalator industry's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace, below are some valuable resources:
- Chris Gardner, author of Pursuit of Happyness, and DEI advocate recorded a message for our industry to encourage us to keep working toward improving inclusion. View and download the video message here.
- Construction Inclusion Week has a variety of resources available for every day of the honorary week, including an Execution Guide for planning your participation. You can find the guide here.
- The daily themes for Construction Inclusion Week are as follows:
- Monday, October 17: Commitment and Accountability
- Tuesday, October 18: Belonging
- Wednesday, October 19: Supplier Diversity
- Thursday, October 20: Workplace Culture
- Friday, October 21: Community Engagement
- There are daily webinars to dive deeper into the content.
- Don't miss a thing by visiting the Construction Inclusion Week website for complete details and to register as a partner if you are interested.
We will be sharing a lot of messaging about inclusion on NEII's social media channels, including photos of the teams from our member companies supporting inclusion during Construction Inclusion Week. Please follow us at Twitter and LinkedIn.
About Construction Inclusion Week
Construction Inclusion Week is the first effort to harness the collective power of general contractors, specialty contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers. The objective is to build awareness of the need to improve diversity and inclusion in the construction industry by providing content and resources.
We recognize and understand that each of our firms may be at different places in our diversity, equity, and inclusion journeys. The intent is that Construction Inclusion Week fosters conversations that create alignment and take us further on this journey for our people and industry partners. If we genuinely want to attract, retain, and develop the best talent for our industry and maximize the diversity of our suppliers, we must grow our industry’s culture to be truly inclusive.
NEII is the premier trade association representing the global leaders in the building transportation industry. Its members install, maintain, and/or manufacture elevators, escalators, moving walks, and other building transportation products. NEII‘s membership includes the six major international companies – Fujitec America, Inc., KONE, Inc., Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc., Otis Elevator Company, Schindler Elevator Corporation, TK Elevator and several other companies across the country. Collectively, the NEII members represent approximately eighty percent of the total hours worked within the elevator and escalator industry, employ more than 25,000 people in the U.S. and indirectly support hundreds of thousands of American jobs in affiliate industries.
For more information about NEII, please visit www.neii.org.