- New members and officers to further the association’s mission and implement Long-Range Strategic Plan to serve as the basis of action by NEII®
- Promotion of safety in building transportation for new and existing technologies is a chief objective
SALEM, N.Y. (September 18, 2012) – The National Elevator Industry, Inc. (NEII) announced today the appointment of two new officers, including the president and vice president, and one new member to the Board of Directors. These elections became effective September 13, 2012, and were made in conjunction with NEII fall Board of Directors meeting held in Atlantic City, NJ. The newly elected Board of Directors and officers include:
- Richard T. Hussey, President – Hussey serves as CEO and President of ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas Operating Unit, where he is responsible for all business operations in North and South America.
- Sterrett Lloyd, Vice President – Lloyd currently holds the position of president at Draka Elevator Products, a business unit of the Prysmian Group, where he directs the company’s worldwide operations. He began his lifetime of industry service as a contractor and is the third generation of his family to work in the industry.
- Larry Wash, KONE Inc. – Wash currently serves as the President for KONE Americas, a position he’s held since 2012. Wash previously worked as president of Global Services for the Climate Solutions sector of Ingersoll Rand, as vice president of service and contracting business for Trane within North and Latin America and in various leadership roles with Xerox and Eastman Kodak.
“I am honored and excited to work with this Board of talented individuals and proven leaders in the building transportation industry,” says Richard Hussey, president, NEII Board of Directors. “The success of this organization is a direct result of the hard work and deep commitment they have shown to expanding NEII’s leadership position as an authority in the areas of codes and safety, ushering the adoption of the latest innovations in the industry and ensuring the safety of both the riding public and elevator technicians.”
Members and officers continuing their roles with the NEII Board of Directors will be:
- Michael Bauschka, Treasurer – Bauschka is the controller and treasurer for KONE Inc., where he leads the general accounting, treasury and tax functions for the Americas. He has more than 20 years of experience in this role.
- Edward A. Donoghue, Secretary – Donoghue is the spokesperson and managing director for NEII. He has served NEII for over 40 years, acted as chair of numerous industry organizations and is one of the foremost authorities on elevator codes and safety, formerly serving as NEII’s Codes and Safety Consultant.
- Michael Corbo, Mitsubishi Electric & Electronics USA, Inc. – Corbo is general manager/senior vice president of Mitsubishi Electric & Electronics USA’s elevator and escalator division. Corbo has more than 25 years of industry experience and has been involved with NEII for seven years; including serving as NEII’s board president from 2005 to 2007.
- Randy Wilcox, Otis Elevator Company – Wilcox currently holds the position of president, North and South America Area (NSAA) for Otis Elevator Company, where he is responsible for all business operations in these regions. He has more than 30 years of industry experience and previously served three terms as the NEII President.
- Katsuji Okuda, Fujitec America, Inc. – Okuda is responsible for managing all aspects of Fujitec America operations, including engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing and service in more than 14 cities. He has 28 years of experience with Fujitec North America.
- Jakob Züger, Schindler Elevator Corporation – Züger serves as chief executive officer, Schindler Americas, with responsibility for North, Central and South America. He previously served as chief executive officer of Schindler Elevator Ltd., Ebikon/Switzerland.
The NEII Board of Directors is responsible for managing and directing the affairs of the association as it pertains to its mission statement, including driving the formation of codes and standards, providing and supporting educational activities and acting as a conduit for communicating industry information.
National Elevator Industry Inc. (NEII) is the premier national trade association representing the interest of firms that install, maintain and/or manufacture elevators, escalators, moving walks and other building transportation products, including parts or components. NEII promotes safe building transportation for new and existing products and technologies, and works with various organizations on the formation, adoption and enforcement of the latest building transportation codes and standards. NEII membership includes the major elevator companies in the United States, if not the world. NEII offers Regular, Trust and Individual memberships. For more information about NEII, please visit www.neii.org.