May 4, 2005, NEW YORK-The National Elevator Industry, Inc. (NEII) announced the election of its new Board of Directors, including officers and Trust Committee members. These elections were effective May 3, 2005, with the commencement of NEII’s spring Board meeting in Simsbury, CT.
Board of Directors/ Officers
The NEII Board of Directors is responsible for managing and directing the affairs of the association as it pertains to this association’s mission statement. The newly elected Board of Directors and officers include:
• Michael Corbo, President – Corbo is general manager/senior vice president of Mitsubishi Electric & Electronics USA’s elevator and escalator division. With more than 20 years of experience within the industry, he has been involved with NEII for several years now.
• Edward Donoghue, Secretary – Donoghue is the spokesperson, administrator and secretary for NEII, as well as the industry’s preeminent authority on codes and safety.
• Steve Shinavar, Treasurer – Shinavar is a new member to NEII and is the director of corporate accounting with Mitsubishi Electric & Electronics USA, Inc.
• Todd Bluedorn, Otis Elevator Company – Bluedorn is new to NEII and was named president of North and South America Area (NSAA) for Otis in November of 2004.
• Scott Stadelman, Schindler Elevator Corporation – Stadelman currently holds the position of president, Schindler Elevator Corporation, and is responsible for the production facilities, field operations and product companies of Schindler in the United States. He is also new to the association.
• Vic Harada, Fujitec Co., Ltd. – Harada is responsible for all Fujitec America operations and is new to NEII.
The Trust Committee is solely responsible for administering the rights and obligations of
NEII with regards to the NEI Benefits and Educational Trusts. The newly elected Trust
• Bruce Brenizer, Misubishi Elevator – Brenizer is currently the senior vice president of human resources, Mitsubishi Electric & Electronics U.S.A., Inc.
• Timothy Grace, Schindler Elevator Corporation – Grace serves as a member of the Schindler Management Committee and is responsible for human resources initiatives across the U.S. Schindler business, including Canada.
• Daniel Sessa, Otis Elevator Company – Sessa is the vice president of human resources, North and South America Area (NSAA).
• Charles Moore, KONE, Inc. – Moore is senior vice president of human resources, KONE Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of KONE Corporation.
“Each newly elected member brings their own unique industry experience to NEII, which helps shape the framework and vision of this association,” said Michael Corbo, president of NEII. “I have confidence that the newly elected Board will complement and continue the progress NEII has made within the industry this past year.”
The National Elevator Industry, Inc., NEII, is a national trade association representing the interests of corporations, firms or companies that, as part of their regular business, provide or perform any of the following: manufacture (including parts or components used by others in the manufacture, repair or maintenance), install, repair and maintain elevators, escalators, moving walks and related equipment. Trust membership is available to those corporations, firms, or companies who, as part of their regular business, employ members of the International Union of Elevator Constructors (IUEC) and contribute to the benefit trusts (Trusts) established by agreements between the IUEC and NEII. NEII strives to become the leader in promoting safe building transportation, as well as working with local government agencies to encourage the adoption and enforcement of the latest codes and standards