- New Board will further the association’s mission and implement the Long-Range Strategic Plan, the foundation for action by NEII ®
- Trust Committee will continue to administer the rights and obligations of the organization regarding building transportation industry benefit plan trusts
SALEM, N.Y. (April 2, 2015) – The National Elevator Industry, Inc. (NEII) announced today the election of its new Board of Directors, including officers and Trust Committee members. These elections became effective April 1, 2015, and were made in conjunction with NEII‘s 81st annual meeting held in Chicago, IL. The newly elected Board of Directors and officers include:
- Larry Wash, President – Wash currently serves as KONE Americas executive vice president, a position he’s held since 2012. Wash previously worked as president of Global Services for the Climate Solutions sector of Ingersoll Rand, as vice president of service and contracting business for Trane within North and Latin America and in various leadership roles with Xerox and Eastman Kodak.
- Sterrett Lloyd, Vice President – Lloyd currently holds the position of president at Draka Elevator Products where he directs the company’s worldwide operations. He began his lifetime of industry service as a contractor and is the third generation of his family to work in the industry.
- Michael Bauschka, Treasurer – Bauschka is the controller and treasurer for KONE Americas., where he leads the general accounting, treasury and tax functions for the region. He has more than 20 years of experience in this role.
- Edward A. Donoghue, Secretary – Donoghue is the spokesperson and managing director for NEII. He has served NEII for over 40 years, acted as chair of numerous industry organizations and is one of the foremost authorities on elevator codes and safety, formerly serving as NEII‘s Codes and Safety Consultant.
- Richard T. Hussey, ThyssenKrupp Elevator Company – Hussey serves as chief executive officer of ThyssenKrupp Elevator Company, where he is responsible for all business operations in North and South America.
- Michael Corbo, Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. – Corbo is general manager/senior vice president of Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc.’s elevator and escalator division. Corbo has more than 25 years of industry experience and has been involved with NEII for eleven years, including serving as NEII‘s board president from 2005 to 2007.
- Katsuji Okuda, Fujitec America, Inc. – Okuda is responsible for managing all aspects of Fujitec America operations, including engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing and service in more than 14 cities. He has 29 years of experience with Fujitec North America.
- Greg Ergenbright, Schindler Elevator Corporation – Ergenbright is president, Schindler North America, where he is responsible for operations for Schindler in the United States and Canada. Ergenbright has more than 15 years in the elevator industry.
- Tom Vining, Otis Elevator Company – Vining is president, Otis Americas, where he is responsible for the overall leadership and operating performance of Otis in North and South America. He has more than 25 years of industry experience.
The NEII Board of Directors manages and directs the affairs of the association as it pertains to its mission, to promote safety in new and existing building transportation; advance laws and regulations that permit the introduction of safe, innovative technology; endorse adoption of current model codes by local government agencies; and advocate responsible laws and regulations at all levels of government.
The Trust Committee is solely responsible for administering the rights and obligations of NEII regarding the NEII Benefits and Educational Trusts. The Trust Committee includes:
- Christine Petranchuk, Otis Elevator Company – Petranchuk is vice president of human resources for Otis Americas and has more than 16 years of human resources experience.
- Jared Baker, Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. – Baker serves as vice president of human resources and administration for Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc.
- Ken Dzierzawiec, Schindler Elevator Corporation – Dzierzawiec is director of labor relations for Schindler Elevator Corporation and has more than 25 years of labor relations experience.
- J. Patrick Heaney, ThyssenKrupp Elevator Company – Heaney serves as vice president of labor relations for the U.S. field operations of ThyssenKrupp Elevator Corporation.
- Charles Moore, KONE Americas – Moore holds the position of senior vice president of human resources, for the Americas region.
“I am honored and excited to begin my tenure as president with this Board of talented individuals and proven leaders in the building transportation industry,” said Lawrence Wash, president of NEII. “The success of this organization is a direct result of the hard work and deep commitment they have consistently shown to expand NEII‘s leadership position as an authority in the areas of codes and safety, steer the adoption of the latest innovations in the industry and ensure the safety of both the riding public and elevator technicians.”
National Elevator Industry Inc. (NEII) is the premier national trade association representing the interest of firms that install, maintain and/or manufacture elevators, escalators, moving walks and other building transportation products, including parts or components. NEII promotes safe building transportation for new and existing products and technologies, and works with various organizations on the formation, adoption and enforcement of the latest building transportation codes and standards. NEII membership includes the major elevator companies in the United States, if not the world. NEII offers Regular, Trust and Individual memberships. For more information about NEII, please visit www.neii.org.