NEII Announces New 2011 Board of Directors and Trust Committee
- New board to further the association’s mission and implement recently approved Long–Range Strategic Plan to serve as the basis of action by NEII
- Promotion of safety in building transportation for new and existing technologies is a chief objective
- Trust Committee will continue to administer the rights and obligations of the organization with regard to building transportation industry benefit plan trusts
SALEM, N.Y. (April 27, 2011) – The National Elevator Industry, Inc. (NEII) announced today the election of its new Board of Directors, including officers and Trust Committee members. These elections became effective April 26, 2011, and were made in conjunction with NEII’s annual meeting held in Chicago, Illinois. The newly elected Board of Directors and officers include:
- Vance Tang, President – Tang is the North American Area director for KONE Corporation and president and chief executive officer for KONE Inc. He is responsible for the elevator and escalator business as well as the door service business being developed in the United States, Canada and Mexico. He is entering his first term as the NEII President.
- Michael Corbo, Vice President – Corbo is general manager/senior vice president of Mitsubishi Electric & Electronics, USA’s elevator and escalator division. Corbo has more than 20 years of industry experience and has been involved with NEII for seven years; including serving as NEII’s board president from 2005 to 2007.
- Carolyn Gomez, Treasurer – Gomez joined KONE Inc. in 2008 and leads the financial planning, budgeting, control and analysis activities for the Americas. Gomez is a Certified Public Accountant, a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Illinois Certified Public Accountants Society and the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Edward A. Donoghue, Secretary – Donoghue is the spokesperson and managing director for NEII. He has served NEII for over 34 years, acted as chair of numerous industry organizations and is one of the foremost authorities on elevator codes and safety, formerly serving as NEII’s Codes and Safety Consultant.
- Randy Wilcox, Otis Elevator Company – Wilcox currently holds the position of president, North and South America Area (NSAA) for Otis Elevator Company, where he is responsible for all business operations in these regions. He has more than 25 years of industry experience and previously served three terms as the NEII President.
- Richard Hussey, ThyssenKrupp Elevator Company – Hussey serves as chief executive officer of ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas Business Unit, where he is responsible for all business operations in North and South America.
- Katsuji Okuda, Fujitec America, Inc. – Okuda is responsible for managing all aspects of Fujitec America operations, including engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing and service in more than 14 cities. He has 28 years of experience with Fujitec North America.
- Jakob Züger, Schindler Elevator Corporation – Züger serves as chief executive officer, Schindler Americas, with responsibility for North, Central and South America. He previously served as chief executive officer of Schindler Elevator Ltd., Ebikon/Switzerland.
The NEII Board of Directors is responsible for managing and directing the affairs of the association as it pertains to its mission statement, which includes driving the formation of codes and standards, providing and supporting educational activities and acting as a conduit for communicating industry information.
The Trust Committee is solely responsible for administering the rights and obligations of NEII with regards to the NEII Benefits and Educational Trusts. The newly–elected Trust Committee includes:
- Gregory Garger, Chairman, Otis Elevator Company – Garger is vice president of human resources, North and South America Area (NSAA), Otis Elevator Company.
- Bruce Brenizer, Vice Chairman, Mitsubishi Elevator – Brenizer serves as senior vice president of human resources, Mitsubishi Electric & Electronics U.S.A., Inc.
- Timothy Grace, Schindler Elevator Corporation – Grace is a member of the Schindler Management Committee and is responsible for human resources initiatives across North and South America, the United States and Canada.
- J. Patrick Heaney, ThyssenKrupp Elevator Company – Heaney serves as vice president of labor relations for the U.S. field operations of ThyssenKrupp Elevator Corporation.
- Charles Moore, KONE, Inc. – Moore holds the position of senior vice president of human resources, for the North American operations.
“I look forward to working with the talented individuals in our industry to continue to strengthen NEII’s position as an authority in the areas of codes and safety,” says Vance Tang, president, NEII Board of Directors. “The same effort and commitment this Board and Trust Committee have shown in developing our newly approved, comprehensive long–range strategic plan will play a vital role in NEII’s future successes ensuring the safety of both the riding public and elevator technicians while paving the way for industry innovation.”
National Elevator Industry Inc. (NEII) is the premier national trade association representing the interest of firms that install, maintain and/or manufacture elevators, escalators, moving walks and other building transportation products, including parts or components. NEII promotes safe building transportation for new and existing products and technologies, and works with various organizations on the formation, adoption and enforcement of the latest building transportation codes and standards. NEII membership includes the major elevator companies in the United States, if not the world. NEII offers Regular, Trust and Individual memberships. For more information about NEII, please visit www.neii.org.